Just a reminder of what we discussed in class:
1. First state the quote "If they give you lined paper, write the other way"-Juan Ramon Jimenez
2. Next, interpret this quote, what does it mean to you? In class we came up with "Not letting others define your life " *Remember -do not use the word "you" in an academic essay.
3. Agree or disagree with the quote.
4. State two works that support your opinion (Romeo and Juliet and Fahrenheit 451)
5. Name the ways these works prove or disprove the quote (literary elements)
Have your introductory paragraph in class tomorrow for homework.
I found a great slide show that itemizes the steps that we took today in class. Below is the slide show created by Lauren Mucaria. I also attached notes below to further guide you in this process.