For the 9th Grade: Create your introduction paragraph
Here are the videos we used in class. Tonight's homework is to create your and introductory paragraph and thesis statement . It may help to first focus on the thesis statement and work backwards from there.
2. Where does Calpurnia take Scout and Jem on Sunday? Be specific.
What about this experience made her uncomfortable?
3. What does Reverend Sykes do when he realizes that the congregation has failed to collect ten dollars? Why is this important to the story?
4. How is Reverend Sykes’ preaching style different than that of Scout and Jem’s Pastor?
5. Why is Tom Robinson in jail?
6. Name two things the children learn about Calpurnia on their walk home.