Forget the worksheet here are some questions:pages 3-24There is a limited preview of the book here, but all these can be answered from what was read in class.
- Why was it a pleasure to burn? What was a pleasure about it?
- On page 5, we get our first look at a girl. Describe her?
- Why, on page 7, does it seem strange to Clarisse that Montag is just a man, after all?
- On page 8, what is the fireman's job?
- On page 9, why do drivers of jet cars not know what grass is?
- Also, on page 9, why was Clarisse's Uncle jailed for two days?
- Why are billboards 200 feet long on page 9?
- On page 10, Clarisse asks Montag if he is happy. Is he? Explain.
- Why, on page 11, does it seem to Montag like he had talked to Clarisse for such a big period of time?
- Explain what Montag's wife's night is like on page 12(not that particular night, all nights for the past two years).
- On the bottom of 13 and top of 14, we hear sounds ripping through the night. What are they? What does this mean?
Your study guide for the To Kill a Mockingbird test, remember it is Monday 2/27.
And Tuesday you must have your topic ready to research!