1. Re-state the Literary Device and how it enhances a story for the reader.
2. Re-state HOW the Literary Device effects the story you chose.
3. Wrap up with an over all statement of the impact of the story would be altered or different if the Literary Device was not used effectively. (No, you may not use my words) :)
Your format is similar to the 9th Grade's except you will need to tie in the lens your opinion in the beginning:
1. Restate clearly the relationship between the works and the critical lens.
2. You may want to compare and contrast how the two works connect to the critical lens
3. If you can, leave your reader with an ending thought or lasting idea.
Effective Compare and Contrast Words:
Although, another difference, both, similarly , in contrast, in opposition, instead, likewise, in the same way, nevertheless, on the contrary, on the other hand, whereas, yet
All essays should be typed, double spaced, with the proper heading. Grade yourself on the rubric first and give that to me as well. Periods B & C you will get the rubric in class on Monday.